Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Let's Beat It Together!

Smash Bros MEGA TOPIC EXTREME

Comments

• YOGZULAYOGZULA 676 PointsToad Lord Battletoad
    this is a sakurai quote

—On that note, can you tell us how you approached the creation of Cloud in Smash?

Sakurai: The biggest problem was that Cloud is simply too strong. He boasts long reach, plenty of power, and considerable speed. With all those strengths, he’s the perfect fighter.

—And he’s handsome to boot!

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/
    developing a hatred for smash

i feel like well over 50% of people love to play like campy jerkoffs who never approach. Smash is fun when I can play something like falcon dittos, both people just going in. Fast paced aggression. However, that's almost never the case. You've always got assholes just complete content to run away and spam projectiles, charge projectiles, camp and shield any approach you have, etc. It's so fucking boring and sucks the fun out of smash for me.

it's only worse on for glory with latency and no platforms
    edited February 2016 Posts: 3,541
    welp i ended up in an acestar3rd video

first game of the night and i got pooped on, but at least i got him frazzled with my name

start at 7:31 for some reason youtube doesn't wanna cooperate
    dabuz is the most hateable guy in smash, campy player that doesn't even want to admit his character is S tier. http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2015/feb/08/pikachus-top-5-character-rosalina-isnt-dabuz-explains-why-his-super-smash-bros-wii-u-tier-list/

look at that shit. he puts peach, mario, fox and yoshi above rosalina, lmao. "I'm not a tier whore!" he whines out as he camps across the stage playing like a giant shitbird. At least have the courtesy to admit it, like Zero, who casually talks about how shiek is the best because he's not a delusional asshole. god i hate dabuz
  • JCTechJCTech 73 PointsMember Battletoad
    Everyone has opinions

sometimes you don't agree with them

Think of it as you knowing who beats your character and you thinking your character is worse than others, I personally think Fox is A- tier

Rosa is A if the other person knows the matchup, he's not wrong, he's expressing his opinion

also most of the cast has the ability to camp, and a good amount can camp better than Rosa, like Sheik, Duck Hunt, Olimar, Wii Fit, Robin, Link/Toon Link

Need I say more?
    bruh rosa camps more effectively than every other character in the cast. I'm not knocking any particular character, i'm knocking dabuz for being a campy cancer of a player. Maining olimar and rosa speaks volumes. Any match he's in is just terribly boring to watch. He's the perfect example of the type of person I don't have fun playing against or watching play.

it seems pretty disingenuous to take your main and rank her at #10 when pretty much everyone else unanimously agrees she's S-tier or at the very least top 5. Tier lists are made with the assumption that people know the matchups, too. Rosa doesn't drop in tier if people know how to play against her. Pros know how to play against her but she still ranks well in tournies
  • JAGYOOARJAGYOOAR 468 PointsAdministrator Battletoad
    edited March 2016 Posts: 1,932
    Looks like we got a dabuz apologist here. :-j

Rosalina can actually stand back and throw Luma out to attack while she remains at a safe distance. There are no other characters with this ability. Hell, she can even deal with projectiles with Gravitational Pull. You can't coax her out of camp with projectiles like you can with other characters. Then when you try to get aggressive, her top tier spacing ability comes into play. It's not an opinion that Rosalina is a better camper than most (if not all) characters in the game, it's a fact.

Saying dabuz is Smash cancer is an opinion, but it's one most everyone agrees on. His matches are always dull and boring to watch, and casual viewers brought in by tournaments like Evo often catch his matches and get turned off by them (he is often involved late in tournaments because he is a top Smash 4 player). When a top player's matches are dull as dishwater, it's not good for the growth of the game's community and the game's overall survivability.
    I like watching Dabuz play personally, it's just his playstyle, don't be angry at his campyness and it working, and it's not like he's unbeatable or anything, and Villager and Sheik are more campy if you want to play them that way, it's all about how you play a character
    Like jagy said it's all opinion. If you don't get bored to tears watching Dabuz more power to you. I think part of the reason I like watching melee more than sm4sh is that in melee aggression is rewarded far more. Hell, I'm starting to really resent smash 4 as a game and am getting bitter about playing it because of how it seems like the overwhelming amount of players, especially on for glory, would rather camp in shield and wall you out with spacing moves or projectiles than actually approach. In order to play effectively against them I need to do the same thing. It's just very boring and I don't care to play the game that way.

Rest assured I hate shieks who needle camp, I hate the shit out of villager, olimar, mega man, robin, etc. There are certain characters that attract a very campy defensive playstyle that I've got a grudge against. However, nearly 3/4ths of the cast can be played like campy assholes. Anyone with any kind of projectile or charged ability specifically (wii trainer, cloud, mewtwo, the list is long) and it's just not fun at all to engage in chasing someone around.

The realest problem is that sm4sh rewards that kind of play. I can still call people boring shitbirds for abusing it, but ultimately they're just playing to the flaw of a flawed game.
    Of course, if you enjoy watching him that's great. He has a popular stream so I'm sure you're not alone. But in my experience, the shit talking on Smash when watching Evo stream reaches record levels when the dude plays.
    @airlizard If you're reading this, I'm sorry, but don't trash talk my fox and then lose a ditto to me and switch to your main and lose again

Best part of it was you called me a tier whore... Pretty sure Fox is A tier, not A+, nor is he S, so he is pretty high, but if I was a tier whore I would be playing Sheik, ZSS, Rosa, or someone like that

Also if I'm a tier whore... YOU PLAYED A FOX DITTO WITH ME SO YOU'RE A TIER WHORE TOO

*ahem* sorry, had to get that out
    zero's new tier list

1. shiek
    2. bayonetta
    3. ZSS
    4. rosalina
    5. Cloud
    6. metaknight
    7. sonic
    8. Ryu
    9. Diddy
    10. Fox
    11. Corrin
    12. Mario
    13. Pikachu
    14. villager
    15. Ness

Notable things zero said:
    Ryu has more potential to rise higher
    Cloud is the best 2v2 character
    bayonetta is potentially better than shiek
    Pikachu could be higher, as most people think he is, but Zero doesn't think so. He just thinks not enough people are good at the matchup
    Villager is higher on some lists, but he credits top villager players with just being insanely good at the character. Granted, IMO, that's how every character that places well on the tier list gets there just about.
    Ness is #15 solely because of his recovery, but tourny results see Ness pretty high up often.

There were some really good games last night and generally a really fun stream. Thanks to anyone who showed up.

LiQui's play was almost as dirty as the way Yog was talking about him.

I think my Bowser is getting better and less predictable, which is cool.
    YOGZULA said:

zero's new tier list

1. shiek
    2. bayonetta
    3. ZSS
    4. rosalina
    5. Cloud
    6. metaknight
    7. sonic
    8. Ryu
    9. Diddy
    10. Fox
    11. Corrin
    12. Mario
    13. Pikachu
    14. villager
    15. Ness

Notable things zero said:
    Ryu has more potential to rise higher
    Cloud is the best 2v2 character
    bayonetta is potentially better than shiek
    Pikachu could be higher, as most people think he is, but Zero doesn't think so. He just thinks not enough people are good at the matchup
    Villager is higher on some lists, but he credits top villager players with just being insanely good at the character. Granted, IMO, that's how every character that places well on the tier list gets there just about.
    Ness is #15 solely because of his recovery, but tourny results see Ness pretty high up often.

I'm not surprised he thinks Ryu could rise up with how broken he felt when I was playing Cadilax last night. I'm also surprised that Roy isn't up there but that top 15 is made up of all strong characters.
    I don't think Roy is as good as marth or lucina actually. For him to be really lethal he needs to land a u-smash or a f-smash with you basically touching his nipples. His recovery is also kind of bad. Roy can still be lethal in the hands of someone good with him, but I don't think he compares to the top 15.
  • AirlizardAirlizard 35 PointsMember Slippy Toad
    @JCtech I was just kidding around :P if I was being serious I would've said it to SBain and your fox is quiet good ;) I just miss your paluntena that's all :(
    @yogzula but God damn he's powerful sure in my opinion he's not top 15 but he's so powerful especially compared to Lucina and Marth aswel as even though he's up b is pretty bad for a recovery but does do a lot of damage when he hits in my opinion Roy is better than marth and lucina at least 7-12 characters ahead
    Airlizard said:

@JCtech I was just kidding around :P if I was being serious I would've said it to SBain and your fox is quiet good ;) I just miss your paluntena that's all :(

Oh and the reason I would've said it to SBain is because he mains sheik..... So yeah

Airlizard said:

@yogzula but God damn he's powerful sure in my opinion he's not top 15 but he's so powerful especially compared to Lucina and Marth aswel as even though he's up b is pretty bad for a recovery but does do a lot of damage when he hits in my opinion Roy is better than marth and lucina at least 7-12 characters ahead

marth and lucina got considerable buffs with the patch, but before that i'd agree that roy was stronger. roy got buffed too, but i don't think they were as significant for him
    Lucina is the 3rd best FE character behind Ike and Corrin, marth is right after though, Roy is a little after them, reason being is Roy has no spacing game
    Airlizard said:

Airlizard said:

Oh and the reason I would've said it to SBain is because he mains sheik..... So yeah

RIP Palutena, that dream is dead, I might play her once in a while though, and lastly

don't
    ever
    fox
    ditto
    me
    I beat fox mains in dittos :3 it's one of my favorite matchups
    Alright, let's make @JCTech vs. Feel Tension happen. \m/
    I'me talked to Feel Tension, never played him tho, he's one of the people I watched to get better
    Yeah his Fox is unreal. So fun to watch.
    So my fox isn't fun to watch? I see how it is :(

Cad is also a great Ryu and I think that mu is 50/50 Fox vs Ryu, ggs to him, and I just don't want to play Fox much unless it's a tourney on WiFi
    Top 5 Fox mains in my opinion go like this:

Larry Lurr
    MegaFox
    Nakat
    FeelTension
    Xzax

but VoiD, Ksev, Snow, and Bloodcross are pretty high up there as well

Sidenote: ZeRo used to main fox in smash 4, not as good as those players are now though
    I enjoy watching anyone you play, friend.

Anyone watching this "Glitch" tourney? Never heard of it before but it's got 5K+ viewers. The commentators are horrible. Super annoying.
    I find it funny how I'm immediately negative against any Sheik players in these tourneys. I automatically root against them because I'm so tired of seeing Sheiks everywhere in these competitions. Explore a different character for the love of GOD.
    I usually always root for lower tier characters or whoever I feel like is the underdog in the matchup. I don't hate sheik (as long as she isn't being played as a needle camping dickwad), but many characters can be played like campy dickwads. Thus, I hate players who play like campy dickwads.
    I guess thats more what I meant. I get tired of seeing the same finishes whenever dominant Sheiks play.
    looks like there has been a new patch

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/4alr5r/new_patch_for_super_smash_bros_wii_u3ds_ver_115/

full notes not out yet, pretty excited they are still doing balance changes anyway. Hell yeah ganon buffs.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Home Video GamesComment As ...