Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Let's Beat It Together!

Comments

• YOGZULAYOGZULA 676 PointsToad Lord Battletoad
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,541
    edited January 2016 Posts: 3,541
  • JCTechJCTech 73 PointsMember Battletoad
    I'd better start reading then, I'll play with you eventually Yog, y'know what, if you want, we can be friends
    edited September 2015 Posts: 3,541
    Your character will be brutally sodomized by sadistic half-ogre barbarians while he cries out for mercy but the sweet release of death does not answer his call. The only thing that waits for you is a lifetime in an ogre BDSM dungeon.
    There may not be a next time you are trapped in an ogre BDSM dungeon and have sustained serious injuries, what is your next move?
  • WhitemoonWhitemoon 234 PointsModerator Battletoad
    Under a shroud of darkness, Whitemoon the Sly approaches the limp body.

JC, I have only but a moments time to before the ogre returns. Take this ointment for your bum and endure. I wish to rally the party soon for rescue, alas I am without a suitable reward. Please consider your rectum as a fine treasure I may offer to adventures.

The door creaks. JC cocks his head around in fear to find nothing. As he turns about again he realizes he is alone, but probably not for long as footsteps echo through his chamber.
    Fuck him, I'm always a bard, I'ma screech so loudly on my flute until he's deaf and walk out
    The ogre guardsman patrolling outside of the dungeon hear JC's screech bounce off of the cold moss covered walls.

Guard A : What was that!?
    Guard B: Sounded like it was coming from down there? he pointed at the dungeon door.

The first guard swings the door open, letting it soar past him and crash against the wall behind. Both guards marched down a set of rotten wooden stairs, eyes wide with purpose. Without much effort they spot a young frail boy who they recognized as their prisoner stumbling through a pile of broken barrels.

Guard A: Hahahaha, silly boy he chuckles as he removes the belt from his torn cotton pants. Get over here!

Before JC can react the ogre's belt is upon him. The first whip catches him right beneath the chin forcing a reactive yelp, but JC choked on his own vocal chords. The ogre struck with such precision that he disabled JC from crying out.

Guard B: That's a good boy.

Guard B takes firm hold of JC's small body between his dobberman sized hands. JC's eyes widen and his jaw drops in an attempt to scream, but nothing escapes his lips except for muffled wheezing. The ogre now has JC pinned against the dungeon wall where he has now finished shackling both of his wrists with rusted iron chains.

Guard A: That's better, we ought to teach this boy a lesson about trying to escape.

A grin splits guard B's face as he reaches for the zimzam stick.

Guard B: This oughta do it

Both ogres explode with laughter
    Can I shapeshift into the form of someone that is their leader while their back is turned and trick them into freeing me?
    Only a changeling can do that and you have not specified your race. However, you can only shift into something the same size as you and an ogre is much larger than a changeling. Unfortunately you are unable to do that.
    fffffffffuck, well, can I use my beautiful man powers to stall for a while by talking about their feelings and trying to be a doctor phil looking fellow while I wait for my party to arrive to my rescue that I was promised
    you would have to actually converse with the ogres in a manner that fits what you described, otherwise you're about to get the zimzam stick
    I would like to ask the orcs if they want to hurt me because they were hurt and if so I would like them to tell me more about it
    The ogres look at eachother and laugh

"We are not orcs, silly boy. Boy is dumb, hahaha! Time for ZIMZAM boy!"

JC you are about to get the zimzam stick
    I would like to say that I am blind and couldn't see them and they are rude dudes and shouldn't hit a disabled person
    JC you have failed to reason with the ogres, time to get the zimzam stick
    Rewarding Roleplaying:

Character creation:

If you create a character and have a good reason why you should start with a certain perk, have a bonus stat, have +1 attack or damage on your rolls or anything of that nature I might allow it. I would be more inclined to allow character specific buffs if you also had drawbacks - especially if I thought you would play them out. Maybe you're missing and eye or are deaf in one ear. Perhaps you have no sense of smell, or your vision is really bad and you need to squint to see things.

The more you are willing to handicap your character the more I'm willing to compensate your other senses on creation. If you have a good reason for bringing a magical flute that causes people to shit their pants, I'll allow it. You have a lot more flexibility with me if you have a good backstory and can roleplay these things. Otherwise, I like doing a standard 15/14/13/11/10/8 stat distribution for creation.

Roleplaying in the campaign itself:

if you roleplay throughout the campaign you will be rewarded in various ways. You will get inspiration which is a powerful mechanic that allows you to re-roll any die and potentially save your group or yourself from a bad situation. Alternatively roleplaying plays into the 'practice' category that I talked about earlier. Not only will your character become a better storytelling element and allow us to have more fun, but as a DM I will also grant you other advantages for doing it.

If you roleplay you are far more likely to be engaged by important NPCs or you may be more likely to find magical items that might pave the way for adventure. The fun in DnD is what you make of it. If you don't roleplay and are quiet or don't get involved, you are willingly subjecting yourself to being a side character. It is not the job of the DM to twist your arm into doing things. Being the protagonist or side character is usually entirely up to you.
  • BRUCEBRUCE 4 PointsMember Slippy Toad
    hello all i am user bruce and i am interested in ur nerdventures sign me up ty
    edited October 2015 Posts: 3,541
    Alright so I want to give this thing wheels so I need confirmations ASAP. We'll probably do a few sessions just to get the ball rolling w/ no major campaign events. We'll allow drop-ins at any point but you need to have a fully prepared character if you decide to drop in. I can help here or via PM if you need help.

So far we've got

DM:
    Yogzula

PC:
    Bruce (half-elven tempest priest)
    Filthyhippo

Pending PCs:
    Jagyooar
    Yume

• OptophobeOptophobe 203 PointsMember Battletoad
    I would love to join you guys, but maybe after I have seen it a few times. I have no idea what to do.
    bruce has never played, jagyooar has never played and i don't think yume has either. hippo and I are both fairly new as well. This is the ground floor if you want to learn
  • OptophobeOptophobe 203 PointsMember Battletoad
    YOGZULA said:

bruce has never played, jagyooar has never played and i don't think yume has either. hippo and I are both fairly new as well. This is the ground floor if you want to learn

Exactly how many books would I have to read before I would be allowed to join? Also, I lack imagination.
    Well... DnD is a game entirely centered around imagination and creativity.

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

those are the basic rules. There seems to be a lot to DnD but it's pretty easy to pick up on once you figure out the basics. There are a ton of spells that will take a long time for anyone to learn, but that's about it.
  • BRUCEBRUCE 4 PointsMember Slippy Toad
  • FilthyHippoFilthyHippo 139 PointsModerator Battletoad
    BRUCE said:

whens our first thing happening

Before our second thing happens.
    YOGZULA
    training session went pretty well I think, RIP hershy's character
  • JAGYOOARJAGYOOAR 468 PointsAdministrator Battletoad
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,932
    I think this is definitely gonna be streamable pretty soon. To recap:

Our first encounter was with a battle already in progress between a giant and a couple goblins. We didn't know why they were fighting, but an arrow hit Opto so we attacked the goblins first. My character was a centaur so Hippo's character rode mine into the fray and immediately killed a goblin.

Lots of talk from Opto about eating my character for some reason. No one will be eating Sanus Kragweller.

The giant was a reckless idiot and he took a mighty swing at everyone in there area – including Hippo and I. My character was almost killed and hers was very injured. Bruce attempted a crazy jump off a boulder but slipped and fell. Opto healed Sanus but acted like a haughty asshole about it later on.

Goblins were still attacking and injuring the giant in between our turns and occasionally attacking us as well. Sanus dashed back behind a rock and shot an arrow that hit the giant but not very hard.

Bruce's character again attempted a crazy move off the boulder next to the giant and was successful this time, stabbing out one of his eyes.

Sanus rushed back in with a very effective trample attack. He yelled for Bruce to get out of the way and told the giant he'd "see him in Hell" as he crushed the giant's eye sockets with his hooves (Sanus is almost 7 feet tall).

A goblin came up behind Sanus and nearly killed him with a cheap shot. Opto stabilized him but was a dick about it.

Bruce was also almost killed by this goblin. The DM, yog, was being quite harsh on us.

It was pretty fun.
    FilthyHippo

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Home Beat It TogetherComment As ...