Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Let's Beat It Together!

Dungeons & Toads

Comments

• OptophobeOptophobe 203 PointsMember Battletoad
    edited November 2015 Posts: 512
    BRUCE said:

it is w a heavy heart and a relatively large dong that i hereby tender my (temporary) resignation to the multitoad dnd group.

it's not for any reason in particular, i'm just not able to do the late hours. after jan 1st tho, i will be back.

ty all for ur time.

xoxo chadwick "thundercock" jones (RIP)

We legitimately need you though.
    FilthyHippo
  • YOGZULAYOGZULA 676 PointsToad Lord Battletoad
    Optophobe said:

I'm definitely down for streaming. If we do that we need to actually start on time though. If we schedule to start at 8pm then everyone should be on at 8pm and we should be done with questions and whatnot and starting the game by 8:30 at the latest. Obviously that should be more strict with the stream days imo.

I'll talk to you more about the wall of text you posted, but I did have one comment to make right now. You mentioned about the sneaking into the camp and not finding the stone and not scouting further. I came to terms a long time ago that my character could die and I was okay with that. Previously I would try to play "smarter" and keep him alive at the cost of a possibly fun time. Although I feel there is a difference between that and having your character do something completely outright stupid.

Agreed w/ the stream. I wasn't trying to make a jab at you or anything, I was just reflecting on how thing happened and how a particular situation could have gone better or differently, that's all. A +17 stealth obviously poses a problem and the game rules aren't super specific on where you can stealth and how it functions in certain regards, but I'd like to point out that it will be different in the future. Like if you ever saw that same situation you'd know "they're going to see me" and not "maybe I'll stay undetected because I'm rolling an 18 minimum every time. It worked for you because I let it, but it wouldn't next time.
    BRUCE said:

it is w a heavy heart and a relatively large dong that i hereby tender my (temporary) resignation to the multitoad dnd group.

it's not for any reason in particular, i'm just not able to do the late hours. after jan 1st tho, i will be back.

ty all for ur time.

xoxo chadwick "thundercock" jones (RIP)

You will always be in our hearts and in kruun's bag
    edited November 2015 Posts: 3,541
    So we're going to start a new campaign next session. It's going to start in Zolman'Eshra where the PCs are part of a pirate crew led by the notorious Ogzu Firebeard. The only rule is that the character you create must be a scumbag. Thief, murderer, rapist or all around violent, no good piece of shit.

Ogzu is a well known pirate who has become infamous throughout the world, but got ambushed by the Imperial navy where his entire crew was slaughtered. He has returned to his home town of Rangulf, located along the coast of Zulman'eshra. He has decided to start fresh with a brand new crew. You are one of the lucky few who made the cut.

With a fresh start at hand Ogzu plans to remain low profile, as some of the worlds most powerful bounty hunters and law enforcement are actively hunting him.

The rules of the crew

1. Don't mention Ogzu by his name to anyone
    2. Don't disrespect another crewmate
    3. Don't steal from a crewmate
    4. Don't bring harm to a crewmate
    5. Don't abandon your crew

These are the only rules. Ogzu and yourselves are now sailing under a new flag, but the first order of business is deciding a name...
    So are we just tossing out the old campaign or what?
  • FilthyHippoFilthyHippo 139 PointsModerator Battletoad
    Yeah we might as well start new one for now specially since bruce wont be there for a while
    I also want to make sure everyone is actually excited about doing DnD. I don't want to DM for people who aren't excited to be there. I'm only having a good time if everyone else is. This is especially true for when we move on to stream. People get shy on camera and typically become less fun, so think about that too if you have any interest in being part of the streaming crew. Not gonna tolerate anyone who sits there like a blob on camera and doesn't get involved. We're all equal parts stars of the show so one person is enough to drag it down
  • phantomraindancephantomraindance 7 PointsMember Tadpole
    YOGZULA said:

I also want to make sure everyone is actually excited about doing DnD. I don't want to DM for people who aren't excited to be there. I'm only having a good time if everyone else is. This is especially true for when we move on to stream. People get shy on camera and typically become less fun, so think about that too if you have any interest in being part of the streaming crew. Not gonna tolerate anyone who sits there like a blob on camera and doesn't get involved. We're all equal parts stars of the show so one person is enough to drag it down

I'm down for that but I don't own a web cam, but I did buy a new mic so is it cool if I'm heard and not seen. I'm not very comfortable with my face being put up on display. ( I'm ugly ) lol.
  • AirlizardAirlizard 35 PointsMember Slippy Toad
    I'm afraid i'm gonna be very stubborn about people getting on cam for the dnd stream group. I'll still run our traditional group separately. The DnD stream will likely be the start of a new campaign for stream episode #1 and I'll upload it all to youtube as well. Production is key and having ppl not on webcam is not meeting the standard that's already been set by any decent tabletop RPG streams or youtube series.
  • JAGYOOARJAGYOOAR 468 PointsAdministrator Battletoad
    Airlizard said:

Lol when did this happen???

Couple months ago, Air.
    Yeah I can Use A facecam and i just got a new headset If you want me too be on but how is this going to work Skype???
    Do i need to create a character if so???? any links too character creator
    download the 5e players handbook pdf in the first post and it will walk you through making a character and the general rules of the game
    Ok I Got it also if ya didn't know my brother did a Dungeons and dragons thing and he made his character have the most uncomfortable to read description.....
    yeah i've got a pre made one and changing it making sure that the stats aren't too high or low and im checking for other things about it and im too lazy about the equitment i got that premade
    i'd be happy to take a look at it whenever you are able to send it to me
  • PhantomShadowzPhantomShadowz 123 PointsMember Battletoad
    edited January 2016 Posts: 3,541
    gonna be starting a new group come february, here's a promo.

I'll be looking to start a second group for anyone who wants to play. Unfortunately 5 is about the limit. I do have wiggle room for a #6 that we'll be using as a guest slot for whoever might want to join us for a session here or there. LMK
  • JAGYOOARJAGYOOAR 468 PointsAdministrator Battletoad
    So the new February streaming schedule will be community multiplayer Monday (we hope), DnD Wednesday, Smash Thursday.
    i feel like i missed some stuff.
    yeah, I played with a lot of different groups and had to whittle everyone I played with down to one group to start streaming with. But like I said, i'm more than willing to run another group if people remain interested in doing so. May or may not be streamed or recorded, but the group i'm working on now was a long time coming as it is.

taloon and friends are still alive and well in the mountains of thoicia
    Cool let me know if you start that up again or if you what to start fresh on a new adventure. I'm down with what ever. :)
    Taloon is no more, Khali got him killed as well, Talin lives!
    Hersh how many characters of mine are you going to kill? that would be like the third

Hersh how many characters of mine are you going to kill? that would be like the third

I'm going for the world record.
    phantomraindance
    I knew a long time ago that Yog would ditch us.
    the crew is alive an well i said

there were just too many obstacles preventing us from moving forward. started playing with random folks here and there until something else clicked, but i'm still ready and willing to pick up our group again if everyone can make time
  • BRUCEBRUCE 4 PointsMember Slippy Toad
    im avail and can play starting 2/1. i dont mind starting over if we need to. i'd also prefer to be on the offstream team at least for the time being
    gonna tally who all is interested and we'll see what kind of group we can put together

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Home Beat It TogetherComment As ...